Use of our Site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our Site.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
We are KCA Deutag, the trading name of KCA Deutag Drilling Limited which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Abbot Group Limited. We operate the Site. We are a company registered in Scotland with registered number SC031961 and with our registered office at KCA Deutag Drilling Ltd, Group Headquarters, Bankhead Drive, City South Office Park, Portlethen, Aberdeenshire, AB12 4XX. Our VAT number is GB240220427.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our Site
We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Your access to our Site
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
If you choose, (or you are provided with) a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Rights
You may print off a single copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (as relevant).
All third party trademarks and copyright are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the material at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material published on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill; or
- wasted management or office time.
whether caused by tort/delict (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Information about you and your visits to our Site
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the content standards set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Any content uploaded to our Site must comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to other Sites
Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. These links do not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. Similarly, we cannot give any undertaking that items you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our Site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Suspension and termination
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
How to reject cookies
If you don’t wish to receive cookies other than those strictly necessary to perform basic features of our Site you can set your browser to reject cookies or to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer.
Note that most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser's privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Site's features. The "Help" menu in the bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Our customer complaints policy
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Last Updated April 2014